"I joined Allied 10 years ago on a University placement and last year became Director of the Hamilton office, alongside Donald Watt."
Title: Commercial Administrator
Start Date: N/A
Allied Surveyors Scotland is one of Scotland’s largest and most progressive multidiscipline firms of Chartered Surveyors with 30 offices throughout Scotland and a wide range of blue chip, private and public sector clients.
The success of our Commercial Agency and Valuation department in Edinburgh now presents an outstanding opportunity to join our dynamic and fast-paced team, and to work closely with our directors to build on that success.
This exciting position offers the successful candidate a generous remuneration package, including:
- Salary DOE
- Company pension contribution
- Varied day-to-day work with potential for flexible working hours
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays
Requirements (i.e. relevant skills and experience)
We are keen to hear from candidates who share our values of teamwork and client focus. A similar background in a property environment would be ideal, with the following essentials:
- You will be personable and have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be highly organised with a natural ability to multi-task
- Have excellent attention to detail and willingness to manage a broad workload
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office packages
- Skilled typist with experience of dictation
- Ability to work to set deadlines and be client focused
- Experience and knowledge of social media and digital marketing would be advantageous
- Strong work ethic who is able to be part of a multidisciplinary team
Your responsibilities will include:
- Arrangement of property inspections and viewings for the surveyors
- Responding to property enquiries and engaging with prospective clients
- Compiling Private Client and Red Book valuation reports
- Processing of fee notes using the company’s Quest system
- Assisting diary arrangements for the surveyors
- Preparation of property particulars
- Processing of Anti-Money Laundering checks to comply with RICS regulations
- Editing of digital photography
- Liaising with external suppliers
- Ordering of office supplies when necessary
Why work for Allied Surveyors Scotland ?
Allied Surveyors Scotland is a corner stone of Scotland’s surveying profession. With 160 staff across 30 offices, we are proud our services cover every square mile of our great nation. From residential valuation to building surveying and commercial agency, our collective knowledge and wealth of experience is unrivalled.
We believe our core strength lies in the people who work for us. This is why we look to recruit the best talent available to ensure our services remain of the highest quality. By joining Allied Surveyors you will work in an inclusive environment, experience challenging and rewarding opportunities and be part of a culture which demands excellence.
"I’ve been with Allied since Sept 21 and am currently working towards my APC accreditation. It’s been brilliant to get support from the fellow graduates and more senior members of the team."
"As the Director of Building Consultancy in the Glasgow North office, I really enjoy having a varied work load- no two days are the same which always keeps it interesting!"
"My current APC training is extremely busy and varied and I’ve had great support since I joined the company, helping me to broaden my property knowledge and I am learning a lot as a result."