"I joined Allied 10 years ago on a University placement and last year became Director of the Hamilton office, alongside Donald Watt."
Quality & Training Manager - Scotland
Title: Quality & Training Manager - Scotland
Location: Head Office
Start Date: 01/09/2023
Allied Surveyors Scotland is one of Scotland’s largest and most progressive multidiscipline firms of Chartered Surveyors with 30 offices throughout Scotland and a wide range of blue chip private and public sector clients.
Our Quality Officer manages our Quality Assurance function, in conjunction with our Operations Team, and oversees our internal and external audit processes. Due to retirement of the existing QO, an opportunity has arisen for an experienced chartered surveyor to join our team. We have taken this opportunity to expand the existing job scope and create a new, full time role covering the overall quality function, with a remit to include staff training and development across all levels of the business. This presents the successful applicant with an element of “blank canvas” to develop an expanded function and to further grow their strategic and technical competencies within the role.
Whilst much of the role will suit WFH, there will also be a requirement for an element of travel within our Scottish branch network, which will largely be self-managed by the successful applicant.
- Reviewing and collating external audit results from our lender / panel manager client base;
- Debriefing surveyors on any audit issues identified;
- Taking up discrepancies / audit issues with client base in case of disagreement;
- Collating, chairing and minuting Regional Quality Officer meetings (2 or 3 per annum);
- Managing office audit process and reviewing/actioning office audit reports which have been prepared by RQO’s;
- Develop and deliver an enhanced training function covering staff at all levels within the business;
- Managing annual QA audit process including information gathering, scheduling office audits and meeting with QA auditor.
Requirements (i.e. relevant skills and experience)
- RICS accredited degree together with demonstrable experience as a Chartered Surveyor
- Driving license
- Excellent telephone manner and communication skills
- Competency with IT software (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc)
This exciting position offers the successful candidate a generous remuneration package, including
- Salary Negotiable DOE
- Company pension contribution
- Fantastic exposure to high end clients
- Company bonus scheme
- Professional subscriptions paid
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays
Why work for Allied Surveyors Scotland?
Allied Surveyors Scotland is a corner stone of Scotland’s surveying profession. With 160 staff across 30 offices, we are proud our services cover every square mile of our great nation. From residential valuation to building surveying and commercial agency, our collective knowledge and wealth of experience is unrivalled.
We believe our core strength lies in the people who work for us. This is why we look to recruit the best talent available to ensure our services remain of the highest quality. By joining Allied Surveyors you will work in an inclusive environment, experience challenging and rewarding opportunities and be part of a culture which demands excellence.
"I’ve been with Allied since Sept 21 and am currently working towards my APC accreditation. It’s been brilliant to get support from the fellow graduates and more senior members of the team."
"As the Director of Building Consultancy in the Glasgow North office, I really enjoy having a varied work load- no two days are the same which always keeps it interesting!"
"My current APC training is extremely busy and varied and I’ve had great support since I joined the company, helping me to broaden my property knowledge and I am learning a lot as a result."