Musselburgh is East Lothian’s largest town with a population of around 22,000 people. It is situated approximately 6 miles east of Edinburgh City Centre and enjoys easy access to the A1 trunk road and (A720) Edinburgh City Bypass.
The subjects are situated at the east end of Musselburgh High Street between Kilwinning Street and Newbigging, with both Loretto School and Musselburgh Racecourse nearby.
The local area is well served by public transports links with bus and rail operators providing regular services to Edinburgh and other local destinations. Both Musselburgh and Newhailes train stations are only a short distance away.
The subjects comprise a Solicitor and Estate Agency office enjoying a prominent position in Musselburgh High Street. Arranged over ground floor of a two-storey building, with residential to the upper levels, the premises also benefits from having no liability for any common roof repair costs.
The specification is as follows:
- Triple-window display frontage with signage illumination
- Open plan office with oak-style flooring and neutral décor
- CAT5 cabling, data patch panel and BT fibre broadband connection
- Private meeting room with secure door exiting into passageway
- Kitchen and two WC facilities
- Electric heating throughout
- Active burglar alarm system with currently unused fire system and CCTV cameras
An array of nearby occupiers include Lucas ice cream parlour, Costa Coffee, Greggs, Bank of Scotland, Virgin and Santander banks, Boots, B&M Bargains, Post Office and Cancer Research UK.
According to our recent measurement survey we calculate the approximate net internal area to be:
75.09 sq m (808 sq ft)
The subjects are available on the basis of a new lease on full repairing and insuring (FRI) terms.
Our client is seeking a rent in excess of £17,000 per annum.
Alternatively, our client will consider selling their heritable title. Price on application.
According to the Scottish Assessor’s website (www.saa.gov.uk) the subjects are entered into the valuation roll with a rateable value of £14900. The uniform business rate for the current year is £0.49 pence in the pound.
For properties with a Rateable Value of £15,000 and under occupiers may be eligible for 100% rates relief through the Small Business Bonus Scheme, depending on individual circumstances.
The property is served by mains electricity and water.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
The EPC rating for the property is G.
Each party shall bear their own legal costs with the eventual tenant liable for any Registration Dues, Land Building Transaction Tax or VAT thereon.
Upon completion of a formal missive under Scots Law.
VIEWING AND FURTHER INFORMATION
By appointment through the sole the letting agent, Allied Surveyors Scotland plc.
- Striking triple-windowed frontage with signage illumination
- Class 2 Solicitor and Estate Agency office in prominent High Street location
- May also suite Class 1 (Shop) use
- Potential for 100% business rates relief (subject to individual tenant circumstances)
- Approximate net internal area 75 sq m (808 sq ft)