Cockenzie Business Centre bought and renamed
Allied Surveyors Scotland can confirm the purchase of Cockenzie Business Centre on behalf of a private investor.
East Lothian-based MOSCAR LLP snapped up the 7,000 sq ft property last month for an undisclosed sum from Inshmore Properties.
The building, which dates back to 1865 and was originally Cockenzie School, is being renamed by the new owner as Cockenzie Business Hub.
It was due to be sold in London by the auction house Acuitus on 24th October but a pre-auction deal was struck between the parties.
“We identified this building as having a number of active asset management opportunities,” commented Allied Surveyors Scotland’s director of commercial agency (east), Iain Mercer.
“The area around this property is changing with nearby developments such as Blindwells, so there is bound to be an increase in demand for business space.”
Marketing to source tenants for the vacant business suites has already been launched with space available from 143 sq ft to 4,055 sq ft.
Media coverage of this story:
The Scotsman - 5 November 2019
Commercial News Media - 6 November 2019
Commercial People - 12 November 2019